Monday 16 August 2010

The One In Which Jasper Embarrasses Me

Yesterday, I decided to take Jasper for a walk. Hubby was the one who took him every day and night, before he went to work and when he’d got back - he didn’t complain.

But yesterday, I decided I’d have a go - how hard could it be, walking him over the fields?

“Are you sure?” Hubby sniggered, when I’d told him.
“What do you mean?” I replied, attaching Jasper’s lead onto his collar.
Hubby couldn’t talk for laughing, so I just ignored him and left, oblivious to what was in store for me.

I walked him up the road, and opened the gate leading onto the fields, closing it behind me.
As we walked, I saw a figure in the distance, with a tiny little figure running along beside it.
As we neared them both, I noticed it was my friend Suzy and her little Yorkie, Jack.
“Hi, Faye!” Suzy said, coming to a halt beside us. “And, hello Jasper!”
I replied with a ‘hello’ whereas Jasper greeted her with a swift lick to her palm.
Jasper, enjoying the company, was showing off, leaping around in circles and dancing on the grass.
Suzy was laughing her head off, Jack looking a bit terrified of the huge greyhound leaping around before him.
Suddenly, without any warning or second thoughts, Jasper raced off, dragging me along behind him. I’d seen this in funny movies, but never thought it’d ever happen to me!
He raced along the whole field, showing off his speed, while I was racing through the grass, screaming and yelling, “stop, Jasper! STOP!”
I could faintly hear the hysterical giggles coming from Suzy behind me, even as we got further and further away.

Thanks Jasper. I’ll never live it down.

6 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Oh my - it certainly shounds like something you would see on TV. Shame no one had a video nearby - wink!

Connie said...

I can totally see it...hope your okay and Jasper didn't hurt you.

Mancunian Mum said...

TheMadHouse - God yeah, wouldn't mind £250 for that, it was a typical comedy performance!

Connie W - Pity I didn't see it coming! And thanks, luckily I escaped with a couple of grazed knees and a dirty t-shirt - luckily I wasn't looking my best to start off with!

Jean said...

Oh no!! Some greys can be strong on the lead, but I imagine he's just very excitable at the moment. Don't worry, he'll calm down.....eventually :-)

When can we see a photo of Jasper?

Mancunian Mum said...

God, I hope he does - I don't want to parade round places with mud on my clothes every day!

He seems to be allergic to cameras, also. I tried to take his picture numerous times, but he keeps barking and running away. As soon as he settles down, a picture shall be posted :)

Parklover said...

If I see a lady being dragged by a dog around Manchester I'll know it's you! Yes, photos please, I LOVE greyhounds.